Sevenoaks Retreat Center COVID-19 Safety Protocols
Sevenoaks is deeply committed to assuring the health and safety of our guests and staff while also protecting the natural environment of our sacred sanctuary.
• Upon arrival at the Retreat Center, all guests and staff will have their temperature checked via infrared thermometer and asked to complete a COVID-19 symptom questionnaire. Guests must inform their group leaders and staff if they are in any way feeling ill during their visit to the Center.
• Anyone with fever upon arrival or who becomes ill will be asked to leave campus and be
referred to a nearby Urgent Care Center for COVID-19 testing.
• We will also support group leaders who require all participants to document COVID-19
vaccination OR show proof of a negative COVID-19 test prior to their program’s start date.
Indoor Common Area Protocol
• Masks will be required inside all common areas (meeting rooms, dining area, bathrooms).
• Group leaders/teachers will define specific safety protocols for all classes, which may or may not include wearing masks during sessions.
• Hand sanitizer will be available in all meeting rooms and common areas. Note that hand
washing is even more effective.
• Guests are encouraged to use bathrooms one person at a time. “Open” or “In Use” signs will
be put on the doors. Bathrooms have been fitted with automatic soap and paper towel
• Housekeeping staff will sanitize common areas throughout each day.
Dining Hall/Food Service Protocol
• Meals will be prepared by kitchen staff and served in the dining room.
• Staff are required to wear masks when preparing/serving food in the kitchen and dining room. No guests will be allowed in the kitchen.
• During meals, guests will stand at least 6 feet apart while going through the food service line
and be encouraged to sit at least 6 feet apart while indoors.
• Outside dining is available; proper social distancing is still required.
Please Note: Current protocols are subject to change based on Virginia Department of Health
requirements, CDC guidelines, and recommendations of our Sevenoaks physician. As of April
1, up to 50 people may gather indoors and up to 100 outdoors.
Kent W. Peterson, MD, 4/21/2021