Sevenoaks offers your group sanctuary from a world hurrying toward outer accomplishment, offering a serene, beautiful and pristine sanctuary, which fosters exploration, connection and transformation.
Sevenoaks Retreat Center has 120 acres of mature forest, beautiful gardens and spacious lawns. This provides the perfect setting for groups who seek renewal and relaxation.
- Eight spacious guest buildings, with fully temperature-controlled rooms
- Overnight group accommodations for up to 60 people (more if people camp)
- Meeting rooms for up to 80 guests
- Multiple breakout spaces
- Gourmet dining, with both vegetarian and non-vegetarian menus for meals and banquets, serving up to 80 guests
- Gift Shop featuring Sevenoaks recipe cards, books, music, art and jewelry, specializing in holistic and spiritual themes
CUSTOMIZED SERVICES AND ACTIVITIES
Sevenoaks offers special meeting and group rates for weekday, weekend and week-long visits. Flexible plans, package rates and group discounts are available.
- Hiking trails (over 5 miles) through forests and fields, along paths and beside gardens
- 120 acres of forest and open meadows
- Swimming in the nearby Rapidan River and sunning near our spring-fed pond
- Communing around a large sand-lined fire circle for bonfires
- Sweat Lodges, Labyrinth, and Medicine Wheel for ceremony, celebration, and purification
- A sacred grove of huge, wise 300-year-old oak trees
Sevenoaks is a retreat center that strives to maintain a healing environment for its guests. We ask that all renters respect the physical environment of this center. No violence, weapons or illegal drugs are allowed on the property.
- Alcohol: Sevenoaks will provide no alcohol. Renters may bring and serve alcohol providing they have all required permits and are in adherence with the laws of the state of Virginia. Copies of all necessary paperwork will be provided to Sevenoaks prior to the rental start date.
- Smoking: NO SMOKING is allowed in any building, on the grounds, or in any forest area. Because of the grave danger of forest, brush, or building fires, we require that Guests smoke only in the main gravel parking lot area by Center Building. There is a picnic bench and sand filled butt pots for Guest use. This is the only designated area. Violations of this policy can result in up to $500 fines. Thank you for helping us to preserve the land.
- Pets: The pets of guests are not allowed on property. Please contact us prior to your arrival if you need local pet boarding information.
- Children: Children must be supervised at all times during their stay. Children are allowed at the pond or river only with an adult who can swim and who assumes responsibility.
- We do not assume responsibility for accidents, theft or losses while rental guests are on the property.